Ready to deepen your knowledge of how yoga can really heal? Ready to explore the body systems beyond the muscles and bones of the body? If you are yearning for knowledge of how yoga is impacting the exciting field of “Mind Body Medicine,” this course is a must.
Next Yoga + Mind Body Medicine training dates coming soon. See our calendar for details.
Find out more about our online coursesVIEW ALL COURSES
If you are a yogi who wants to transform your practice from just asana to truly becoming a healer or if you are a health care professional who wants to learn the healing power of yoga, compassion, and mindfulness, then this course is for you! You don’t need to be a yoga teacher or have done a previous Blissology training to join us.
The course is taught by Blissology’s Eoin Finn and Dr. Lawrence Cheng.
Throughout his years as an attending ER physician, teacher, and manager at St. Paul’s Hospital, Dr. Lawrence Cheng often wished he could have intervened earlier in the trajectory of a patient’s life. This increasingly strong realization led him to explore a broader approach to healing through a Masters in Public Health Studies at Harvard, and subsequently, to study integrative medicine at the University of Arizona with Dr. Andrew Weil. He is passionate about furthering the cause of integrative medicine through practice, education and research.
This intuitive course takes you on a journey to the body systems beyond the muscles and bones of the body and offers groundbreaking knowledge on how yoga is impacting the exciting field of Mind Body Medicine. We will explore the Chakras and how they map with the Endocrine System and the Gunas; and experience their energetic field as yoga practitioners, teachers and students of life. Understanding functions at this level will help us find deeper balance within Mind, Body and Spirit.
This course counts towards 50 hours for the Blissology Yoga 500-hour certification. Or you can earn 50 Yoga Alliance CEUs (in order to maintain your RYT status on Yoga Alliance, you need to report at least 30 hours of training every three years and this course will give you 50 hours towards that). It will enhance the ability of any yoga teacher or practitioner to understand the profound impact of yoga from both a “right brain” and “left brain” perspective.
Goals of the course:
1. Many asana practices address the outer body: the bones, muscles, fascia, and connective tissue. Our 200-hour Level I program provides an incredible training in this important aspect of yoga as well as learning how to keep our joints safe. Yoga Mind Body Medicine moves beyond the asana practice while using the safe container of an intelligent asana practice to promote an awareness and balance of the subtle energies.
2. The ancient yogis viewed the outer body as the first layer of the onion. There are many deeper “Koshas” or layers that are essential to master for physical and spiritual development. We will dissect and study the Chakras, Koshas and Gunas and the immense yogic wisdom of these concepts.
3. The map of the Chakras corresponds almost exactly with the location of the endocrine system. The implications of this are incredible. We will explore how a deeper understanding of the function of each gland will help us find emotional balance in yoga poses and in life.
4. In Blissology Yoga we believe that the embodied experience is the portal into the realm of subtle energy. As an extension of Body Mind Centering, this course is about radically increasing your ability to give people embodied experiences of the organ systems so that we become more present and kind.
5. You will learn to explain the nervous system and the endocrine system in both right brain (creative, poetic) ways and left brain (scientific) ways.
6. We will share the importance of how to find balance in all aspects of spiritual life using what we call our “Blissology Mixing Board.” You will develop the skills and knowledge needed to feel bodily feedback at each one of these centers and bring them into balance. This will make you a better yogi, a happier person and a profoundly better teacher.
In order to maintain your RYT status on Yoga Alliance, you need to report at least 30 hours of training every three years. This course will give you 50 hours towards that.