Supeflow™ is a movement art that blends yoga, chi movements with organic surf flow. It is circular and fluid and was born on the sand and the salt air many decades ago. It feels beautiful to move in this way to our bodies, our minds and our hearts. We become more in rhythm with nature and the intelligence that guides all life! It is a beautiful compliment to a linear vinyasa practice.
Supeflow™ is not a replacement for alignment based vinyasa yoga, rather it is an extension of it. It is inspired by the joy of movement and ways to compliment the traditional yoga asana practice with movements from other modalities and original movement patterns.
Many of these movement patters were born from surfing and ocean rhythms. Like the ocean itself, Superflow ™ movements are sometimes gentle, fluid and calming, and sometimes they are powerful and explosive. The fitness sequences will make you strong yet loose, not strong and stiff. In this course, you will master the skills of both softness and fluid strength.
Supeflow™ is also a ritual of our interconnection with nature and the ocean. Like all Blissology classes, our intention is to dissolve the barrier between where we end and nature begins. We want to share these skills of bringing deep ecology into your classes and show you how fluidity opens the door.
Whether the classes are used to create surf fitness or peace, they always start with embodied and fluid movements that are soothing and open up our intuition and the experience of our energy body. This will have profound effects on our relationships with self, community and nature.
We are excited to share this movement art with you.
This course is taught as a 5-day immersion. There will be required pre-reading, films, assigned journaling exercises and various experiential learning as well as teaching exercises. We pride ourselves on our desire for community; enjoy family meals, sunset yoga and a potential for a group surf excursion during this module.
Goals of the course:
1. After establishing a firm foundation in Yoga Alignment (Blissology 100 and 200-hour) we want to continue the evolution in the realm of fluid movement. We will explore both movements that are slow and soft and sometimes they are powerful and explosive.
2. We want you to be able to allow for the experience of your intuitive and feeling side to come out in the practice. This may be categorized in modern thinking as creative Right Brain and linear, analytical, rational Left Brain. We seek a practice that grounds while allowing for ecstatic free-spiritedness.
3. We will share tools for how to make the yoga practice a ritual that honors our connection to Nature. The goal of the practice is to shift our consciousness from one of dominion over Nature to “reverent collaboration.”
4. We want you to be comfortable bringing out the “Joy Body” in your superflow™ classes. We want people to rediscover the bliss of childlike wonder in the world. You will uncover tools for creating a practice that kids would want to participate in. To get off of our 2 x 5 rectangular grids and find the joy in movement!
5. We want to be able to bring elements of these superflow™ moves into an Alignment Yoga Class.
6. To create a foundation for the facilitating of an entire superflow™ class sometime in the near future.
7. As always the biggest goal in Blissology Yoga is to cultivate community and enjoy nature. This is what really
counts in every class and every immersion. Superflow™ is very conducive to this.
In order to maintain your RYT status on Yoga Alliance, you need to report at least 30 hours of training every three years. This course will give you 50 hours towards that.
- Energy Body, Fluid systems, Nervous system, Chakras and the endocrine system
- Koshas, Breathing techniques
- Sequences that are fluid and soft, “Blissology Superflow™” movements; Tai Chi energy work
- Deep Insights about understanding the Energy Body and the “Hammock Principles”
- Including: Body Mind Psychotherapy, Chakras, Gruntis, Nadis, Chi and Prana
- Language: poetic descriptions. Using voice and language to cast create that extra dimension of beauty and depth for students
- Blissology Discussions
- Blissology rituals –bringing nature and community into classes as a central focus
- Balancing Fun and Zen; humour with depth