Want our secret sauce? This is the course for you.
Somatics and sequencing are what make Blissology classes, intelligent, felt, embodied and powerful. This student-favourite advanced Blissology training hones in on the power to use your own body to master the intuitive nature of somatic cueing so that your students relate to feeling into postures.
Go deep in this training as it builds on the foundation of a 200-hr training and explores the path to becoming a 500-hr certified teacher, meant for new or seasoned teachers looking to learn the subtleties about the power of somatic cueing and creative sequencing.
Learn to create cues from language that is original, trustworthy, accessible and bona fide. Somatics is important because it allows us to access present, calm and grounded awareness through movement; it allows us to become better healers and creates an incredible feeling of peace when we are more somatically aware.
A yoga class is basically a choreography and certain movements go together and some don’t. As yoga instructors, we are trying to create physical and psychological benefits in our classes and one of the most important parts is intelligent sequencing—we want to make both the art and science of sequences that feel incredible in the body, mind and hearts of our students. We want to show you the underlying patterns that will bring your classes to the next level.
Choose your way of studying:
Interactive Course with
Mentorship & Certification
5 x WEEKS OF CONTENT
Get a front-row seat and enjoy the in-depth knowledge at your own pace (VALUE $1,500)
WEEKLY YOGA PRACTICES
To start embodying what you’ve learnt (VALUE $200)
To deepen your knowledge ($100)
The Interactive Course includes everything in the Self-Guided course, PLUS:
3 x 1hr Zoom Calls with Eoin to deepen your knowledge and have all your questions answered (VALUE $300)
4 x Video Review from our certified Mentors (VALUE $400)
Real-Time Discussions with your fellow students, mentors and Eoin (VALUE $350)
- Over 60 videos where Eoin clearly distills his process for creating intelligent yoga sequences (rewind, pause, and replay as you wish. you will have unlimited lifetime access to these videos)
- 30,000 words of text written by Eoin explaining the key, game-changing concepts in this course
- Blissology Class Sequence Templates
- Quizzes and essay questions to facilitate the growth and integration of these ideas and techniques
- An online platform to share and interact with a group of inspired Blissologists like you
- 75 Yoga Alliance CEUs
- One out of the key Five Modules for Blissology 500-hour certification
- A certificate of completion
- ONLY included in the mentoring course:
- Video reviews by online mentors giving you personal feedback on your classes and the principles of this course
- Four zoom calls with Eoin and qualified Blissology Mentors
1-Day Somatics and Sequencing (In-person, Kelowna)
Optional In-Person Somatics Add-On
July 10, 2023 in Kelowna, BC
This will be a joyous day where those who opt in can present their 40 minute sequence in person for feedback.
We can’t wait to take your class!
You will NOT JUST TEACH yoga classes at the end of this course.
You will SHARE MOVING EXPERIENCES that profoundly AFFECT THE HEARTS & MINDS of each person who is lucky enough to attend your offerings.
Goals of the course:
1. Create an Embodied Experience.
Embodiment means that we are aware of the sensations in our bodies and not just living cerebrally from the neck up. This awareness of body sensations is the key for presence, mindfulness and a heightened level of intimacy with life. The embodied (or somatic) experience of yoga allows us to feel it from the inside out. It is the essence of the flow state. By learning the skills of embodiment we become more creative and allow the wisdom of our innermost heart to flow.
We want you to gain these skills through this course so practitioners in your classes will move less mechanically, achieve postures easier and instead make the practice an elegant expression of our subtle energy. Our Blissology Mantra is “Don’t just do yoga but feel yoga!”
Yoga classes taught by people who have not only mastered the technical side of yoga asana but who can awaken a sensual awareness inside their students put us into a spell of bliss; we feel like we are conduits for something beautiful—our yoga is not robotic, it’s poetic.
2. Create moving experiences through language.
We want to give you solid tools to create an emotive experience for yourself and your students. Anyone can learn the technique of playing the musical scales but few can write music that truly moves people. In the same way, there is an art and science of yoga. The Blissology 200-hour program is set up to give you a rock-solid foundation in yoga alignment but this intensive is about really creating moments of deep expression that awaken the simple yet profound dimension of life. When you can switch from primarily using technical cues and adding just the right amount of creative imagery, it will allow your students to access an infinitely deeper experience of yoga.
3. Be able to create incredible sequences!
You will learn the intricacies of how yoga poses go together to make a fluid and enjoyable journey of bliss. There are some basic patterns underlying sequencing that will make huge differences in the feeling of your classes. You will learn both fun and exciting Blissology yoga sequences that we have created over the years. You will also be able to sequence your own classes in a way that is safe yet fun and challenging.
In order to maintain your RYT status on Yoga Alliance, you need to report at least 30 hours of training every three years. This course will give you 75 hours towards that.
- Importance of creating experiences with feeling
- How to create calming vs. relaxing experiences
- The importance of embodiment + sensation.
- Factors that shape an intelligently sequenced yoga class
- “Sharing my process.” See behind the scenes as Eoin shares both calming and heating sequences
- How to authenticity find and share your voice.
- How to think in modular building blocks
- The importance of timing
- “Class Mapping.” How to draw and create the ultimate class blueprint
- Sequencing around injuries and different levels
- Deep insights for Cueing and Demoing
- The science of stretch (sliding filament theory) and building sequences around the stretch reflex
- How to build sequences that don’t take us too deeply, too fast, too soon
- “Theming” How to effectively build classes around a theme
- The importance of starting with the end in mind
- Tips to maintain your maximum confidence level
- “Eoin’s Litmus Test.” How to test the logic of your flows
- The pros and cons of workshopping vs flowing
- “Counterposes.” Understanding what poses work together in a flow
- The importance of the Gunas and Chakras to create beautiful flows
- How to build both an embodied and soulful beginning and ending to your class
- How to share key Blissology philosophy of deep connection to community and nature
- Much More Bliss… 🙂