Yoga + Mind Body Medicine, 50-hour Advanced Yoga Training
Ready to deepen your knowledge of how yoga can really heal? Ready to explore the body systems beyond the muscles and bones of the body? If you are yearning for knowledge of how yoga is impacting the exciting field of “Mind Body Medicine,” this course is a must.
CostPlease fill out the below inquiry form for price.
What to expect
If you are a yogi who wants to transform your practice from just asana to truly becoming a healer or if you are a health care professional who wants to learn the healing power of yoga, compassion and mindfulness, then this course is for you! You don’t need to be a yoga teacher or have done a previous Blissology training to join us.
The course is taught by Blissology’s Eoin Finn and Dr. Lawrence Cheng.
Throughout his years as an attending ER physician, teacher and manager at St. Paul’s Hospital, Dr. Lawrence Cheng often wished he could have intervened earlier in the trajectory of a patient’s life. This increasingly strong realization led him to explore a broader approach to healing through a Masters in Public Health Studies at Harvard, and subsequently, to study integrative medicine at the University of Arizona with Dr. Andrew Weil. He is passionate about furthering the cause of integrative medicine through practice, education and research.
This intuitive course takes you on a journey to the body systems beyond the muscles and bones of the body, and offers groundbreaking knowledge on how yoga is impacting the exciting field of Mind Body Medicine. We will explore the Chakras and how they map with the Endocrine System and the Gunas; and experience their energetic field as yoga practitioners, teachers and students of life. Understanding functions at this level will help us find deeper balance within Mind, Body and Spirit
This course counts towards 50 hours for the Blissology Yoga 500-hour certification. Or you can earn 50 Yoga Alliance CEUs (in order to maintain your RYT status on Yoga Alliance, you need to report at least 30 hours of training every three years and this course will give you 50 hours towards that). It will enhance the ability of any yoga teacher or practitioner to understand the profound impact of yoga from both a “right brain” and “left brain” perspective.
Please fill out the below inquiry form to be notified when cost details are available and registration opens.
Goals of the course + Topics
Goals of the course
1. Many asana practices address the outer body: the bones, muscles, fascia and connective tissue. Our 200-hour Level I program provides an incredible training in this important aspect of yoga as well as learning how to keep our joints safe. Yoga Mind Body Medicine moves beyond the asana practice while using the safe container of an intelligent asana practice to promote an awareness and balance of the subtle energies.
2. The ancient yogis viewed the outer body as the first layer of the onion. There are many deeper “Koshas” or layers that are essential to master for physical and spiritual development. We will dissect and study the Chakras, Koshas and Gunas and the immense yogic wisdom of these concepts.
3. The map of the Chakras corresponds almost exactly with the location of the endocrine system. The implications of this are incredible. We will explore how a deeper understanding of the function of each gland will help us find emotional balance in yoga poses and in life.
4. In Blissology Yoga we believe that the embodied experience is the portal into the realm of subtle energy. As an extension of Body Mind Centering, this course is about radically increasing your ability to give people embodied experiences of the organ systems so that we become more present and kind.
5. You will learn to explain the nervous system and the endocrine system in both right brain (creative, poetic) ways and left brain (scientific) ways.
6. We will share the importance of how to find balance in all aspects of spiritual life using what we call our “Blissology Mixing Board.” You will develop the skills and knowledge needed to feel bodily feedback at each one of these centers and bring them into balance. This will make you a better yogi, a happier person and a profoundly better teacher.
In order to maintain your RYT status on Yoga Alliance, you need to report at least 30 hours of training every three years. This course will give you 50 hours towards that.
We will explore the Chakras and how this maps with the Endocrine System. Each one of the Chakras maps almost exactly with part of our glandular system. Understanding the functions at this level will help practitioners find deeper balance within Mind and Body. We will share tools from our Blissology toolbox about how to embody peace in all these areas. The healing effects will be profound.
As well, we will explore the Gunas and how they offer an energetic map for yoga practitioners, teachers and life. This work will deeply enhance your ability to find Mind Body balance and health in our continuously accelerating pace of life in the modern world.
Learn about cutting edge research about how yoga affects:
- Genetics and DNA
- Cellular respiration
- Nervous system
- Enteric nervous system (gut brain)
- Biology of Belief
1. What are the course dates?
We’ll start our course on Tuesday, April 16th and it will run through Saturday, April 20th.
2. Is there a reading list for Yoga Mind Body Medicine?
Yes, however these books below are suggested (not required). More updates to come. Please check back or look out for announcements.
> Natural Intelligence by Susan Aposhyan
> Chakras: Energy Centers of Transformation by Harish Johari
3. How do I get to Ucluelet?
i. Fly to Vancouver airport or Victoria airport.
Then either rent a car and travel by ferry, carpool with another Blissologist (there will be plenty of people driving and you can find them on our Facebook page) or take the Tofino Bus.
The drive across Vancouver Island is not to be missed with breathtaking views of rivers, mountains and old growth rainforests.
ii. Fly to Nanaimo via Vancouver and rent a car there.
iii. There are also flights with Orca air from Vancouver.
If you have any questions about transport to and from this magical part of the planet, please don’t hesitate to ask.
4. Where is the course held?
This course is being held at the Ucluelet Community Centre, 500 Matterson Dr, British Columbia.
5. How do I get around. Do I need to rent a car? Bike? Are there local buses?
There are no buses but the town is small and walking is enjoyable or you can most likely carpool with other students. You can also rent bikes from Ukee Bikes.
6. Where should I stay?
Here is a list of accommodations in Ucluelet. These prices are an estimate and may vary. We also recommend looking at Airbnb and VRBO for affordable rentals in the area. We encourage you to connect with other trainees via the Yoga Mind Body Medicine 2019 Facebook Group and co-share/co-rent. Please let us know if we can help facilitate this process for you in any way. If you do not plan on renting a car, we highly suggest staying walking or biking distance from the Community Center.
7. Where can I eat?
If you’re feeling adventurous, Tofino is a 40-minute drive away and is a foodie heaven!
8. What is the weather like?
The West Coast of North America can be very foggy. Sometimes we call it “June-uary.” On the other hand, when the sun comes out it can be warm and lovely. The bottom line is bring clothing for cold weather, rain and sun. We will probably need it all!
9. What is the course schedule?
We will meet each day at Ucluelet Community Centre.
8 a.m. – 11 a.m.: Morning Session with Dr. Lawrence—lectures on cutting edge developments in modern medicine
11 a.m. – 2 p.m.: Lunch Break
2 p.m. – 5 p.m.: Afternoon Session—studying yoga texts, eperiental anatomy, meditation and yoga asana
Evening homework asignments.
10. Where should I park?
There is lots of parking at the Ucluelet Community Center.
11. I cannot afford to pay the entire tuition cost at once. Is there a payment plan? How does it work?
We have done our best to price this program affordably for yogis. We offer early registration discounts and a payment plan. Please email us at email@example.com if you have questions. We’ll do our best to accommodate your needs.
12. What is the Blissology YTT Cancellation Policy?
• Final Payments for Advanced Modules are due 30 days prior to the course commencement, unless you are on a pre-agreed upon payment plan. After this date, final payment for all new registrations is due immediately.
• Up to 60 days before the course commencement a student may transfer to a course within 18 months
of the original course’s start date. For cancelations up to 60 days before course start, deposits are non-refundable. And there will be a $50 admin fee charged.
• 50% fee charged if cancellation made 60-89 days of course commencement.
• Cancellation made within 30 days of course commencement; payment is completely non-refundable,
13. What are the prerequisites?
You don’t have to be a yoga teacher or have done a Blissology course before, however, please come with an open mind and a willingness to participate in this exciting course. If you are a health care professional, we welcome you and know that this course will radically progress your ability to heal yourself and your patients.
What is included
- Hands on teaching from Blissology Founder and YA Senior Teacher Eoin Finn and lectures by Harvard Medical
Doctor and Intergrative Physician Dr. Lawrence Cheng.
What is not