Superflow, 50-hour Advanced Yoga Training
Superflow™ is a movement art that blends yoga, chi movements with organic surf flow. It is circular and fluid and was born on the sand and the salt air many decades ago. It feels beautiful to move in this way to our bodies, our minds and our hearts. We become more in rhythm with nature and the intelligence that guides all life! It is a beautiful compliment to a linear vinyasa practice.
CostPlease fill out the below inquiry form for price.
What to expect
Supeflow™ is not a replacement for alignment based vinyasa yoga, rather it is an extension of it. It is inspired by the joy of movement and ways to compliment the traditional yoga asana practice with movements from other modalities and original movement patterns.
Many of these movement patters were born from surfing and ocean rhythms. Like the ocean itself, Superflow ™ movements are sometimes gentle, fluid and calming, and sometimes they are powerful and explosive. The fitness sequences will make you strong yet loose, not strong and stiff. In this course, you will master the skills of both softness and fluid strength.
Supeflow™ is also a ritual of our interconnection with nature and the ocean. Like all Blissology classes, our intention is to dissolve the barrier between where we end and nature begins. We want to share these skills of brining deep ecology into your classes and show you how fluidity opens the door.
Whether the classes are used to create surf fitness or peace, they always start with embodied and fluid movements that are soothing and open us up our intuition and the experience of our energy body. This will have profound effects on our relationships with self, community and nature.
We are excited to share this movement art with you.
This course is taught as a 5-day immersion. There will be required pre-reading, films, assigned journaling exercises and various experiential learning as well as teaching exercises. We pride ourselves on our desire for community; enjoy family meals, sunset yoga and a potential for a group surf excursion during this module.
Goals of the course:
1. After establishing a firm foundation in Yoga Alignment (Blissology 100 and 200-hour) we want to continue the evolution in the realm of fluid movement. We will exploreboth movements that are slow and soft and sometimes they are powerful and explosive.
2. We want you to be able to allow for the experience of out intuitive and feeling side to come out in the practice. This may be categorized in modern thinking as creative Right Brain and linear, analytical, rational Left Brain. We seek a practice that grounds as while allowing for ecstatic free-spiritedness.
3. We will share tools for how to make the yoga practice a ritual that honors our connection to the Nature. The goal of the practice is to shift our consciousness from one of dominion over Nature to “reverent collaboration.”
4. We want you to be comfortable bringing out the “Joy Body” in your superflow™ classes. We want people to rediscover the bliss of childlike wonder in the world. You will uncover tools for creating a practice that kids would want to participate in. To get off of our 2 x 5 rectangular grids and find the joy in movement!
5. We want to be able to bring elements of these superflow™ moves into an Alignment Yoga Class.
6. To create a foundation for the facilitating of an entire superflow™ class sometime in the near future.
7. As always the biggest goal in Blissology Yoga is to cultivate community and enjoy nature. This is what really
counts in every class and every immersion. Superflow™ is very conducive to this.
In order to maintain your RYT status on Yoga Alliance, you need to report at least 30 hours of training every three years. This course will give you 50 hours towards that.
- Energy Body, Fluid systems, Nervous system, Chakras and the endocrine system
- Koshas, Breathing techniques
- Sequences that are fluid and soft, “Blissology Superflow™” movements; Tai Chi energy work
- Deep Insights about understanding the Energy Body and the “Hammock Principles”
- Including: Body Mind Psychotherapy, Chakras, Gruntis, Nadis, Chi and Prana
- Language: poetic descriptions. Using voice and language to cast create that extra dimension of beauty and depth for students
- Blissology Discussions
- Blissology rituals –bringing nature and community into classes as a central focus
- Balancing Fun and Zen; humour with depth
1. What are the course dates?
We’ll start our course on Wednesday, 2nd and it will run through Sunday, October 6th. Times will be posted here. Check back for updates.
2. Is there a reading list for Superflow?
Natural Intelligence by Susan Aposhyan. It is also required to be familiar wih Eoin’s Super Flow practices on Alo Moves. They offer free 2-week trial and after that it’s $20/month.
3. How do I get to Ucluelet?
i. Fly to Vancouver airport or Victoria airport.
Then either rent a car and travel by ferry, carpool with another Blissologist (there will be plenty of people driving and you can find them on our Facebook page) or take the Tofino Bus.
The drive across Vancouver Island is not to be missed with breathtaking views of rivers, mountains and old growth rainforests.
ii. Fly to Nanaimo via Vancouver and rent a car there.
iii. There are also flights with Orca air from Vancouver.
If you have any questions about transport to and from this magical part of the planet, please don’t hesitate to ask.
4. Where is the course held?
This course is being held at the Ucluelet Community Centre, 500 Matterson Dr, British Columbia.
5. How do I get around. Do I need to rent a car? Bike? Are there local buses?
There are no buses but the town is small and walking is enjoyable or you can most likely carpool with other students. You can also rent bikes from Ukee Bikes.
6. Where should I stay?
Here is a list of accommodations in Ucluelet. These prices are an estimate and may vary. We also recommend looking at Airbnb and VRBO for affordable rentals in the area. We encourage you to connect with other trainees via the Superflow 2019 Facebook Group and co-share/co-rent. Please let us know if we can help facilitate this process for you in any way. If you do not plan on renting a car, we highly suggest staying walking or biking distance from the Community Center.
7. Where can I eat?
If you’re feeling adventurous, Tofino is a 40-minute drive away and is a foodie heaven!
8. What is the weather like?
The West Coast of North America can be very foggy. Sometimes we call it “June-uary.” On the other hand, when the sun comes out it can be warm and lovely. The bottom line is bring clothing for cold weather, rain and sun. We will probably need it all!
9. What is the course schedule?
We will meet each day at Ucluelet Community Centre. General flow of the day is below. Please note subject to change.
9 a.m. – 12 p.m.: Morning Session
12 p.m. – 2 p.m.: Lunch Break
3 p.m. – 5 p.m.: Afternoon Session
Evening homework asignments.
10. Where should I park?
There is lots of parking at the Ucluelet Community Center.
11. I cannot afford to pay the entire tuition cost at once. Is there a payment plan? How does it work?
We have done our best to price this program affordably for yogis. We offer early registration discounts and a payment plan. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions. We’ll do our best to accommodate your needs.
12. What is the Blissology YTT Cancellation Policy?
• Final Payments for Advanced Modules are due 30 days prior to the course commencement, unless you are on a pre-agreed upon payment plan. After this date, final payment for all new registrations is due immediately.
• Up to 60 days before the course commencement a student may transfer to a course within 18 months
of the original course’s start date. For cancelations up to 60 days before course start, deposits are non-refundable. And there will be a $50 admin fee charged.
• 50% fee charged if cancellation made 60-89 days of course commencement.
• Cancellation made within 30 days of course commencement; payment is completely non-refundable,
13. What are the prerequisites?
You don’t have to be a yoga teacher or have done a Blissology course before, however, please come with an open mind and a willingness to participate in this exciting course. If you intend to receive Yoga Alliance continuing education credit, you must have completed a 200 Hr YTT with Blissology or another school and be registered with Yoga Alliance.
What is included
- Hands on teaching from Blissology Founder and YA Senior Teacher Eoin Finn
What is not