Tofino is our soul place on the planet. Blissology is all about Yoga, Nature, and Community. We believe that an intimate connection to nature is the foundation of health and happiness. You will be hard-pressed to find a place that is more biodiverse and pristine than Tofino, BC.
We will practice at the Shore which is located right on the water with a clear view of the ocean, the mountains, and the open skies. Expect to practice yoga with seals and sea lions at your doorstep.
Tofino is also the Canadian surf mecca. It is a great place for beginners and experts alike. The days will be long in May so expect some beach fires and surf time after our studies.
Tofino is also a foodie’s dream with incredible farm to table restaurants.
How to get to Vancouver Island?
1. Fly to Vancouver airport or Victoria airport.
Then either rent a car and travel by ferry, carpool with
another Blissologist (there will be plenty of people driving and you can find them on our Facebook page) or take the Tofino Bus. The drive across Vancouver Island is not to be missed with breathtaking views of rivers, mountains and old-growth rainforests.
2. Fly to Nanaimo via Vancouver and rent a car there.
If you have any questions about transport to and from this magical part of the planet, please don’t hesitate to
This course will run in two sessions.
SESSION 1: APRIL 29 – MAY 8, 2020
SESSION 2: MAY 13 – 22, 2020
Exact schedule to follow.
We ask that students come to the training with at least 1 year of solid and consistent yoga practice under their belt.
If you have already taken a 200-hr YTT and are certificed with Yoga Alliance, then the 200-hr YTT can count as Continuing Education credit as Eoin is a certified YACEP.
Our application requires 2 letters of reference. Generally, these letters are character references. Usually they’re from yoga teachers or yoga students. Otherwise, letters from employers are also acceptable. They can be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. While the letters are required, they’re a formality in your application. If you know you will apply, please complete your online application form and the letters can follow in the next 2 weeks.
Essential Reading (please buy or borrow these books for the YTT, these are required for the course):
- Blissology Manual (you will receive this at the training)
- Anatomy of Movement by Blandine Calais-Germain
- Bhagavad Gita translation by Stephen Mitchell
- The Yoga Sutra of Patanjali, Sanskrit-English Translation & Glossary by Chip Hartranft
We ask that you do your best in getting these specific books. Please do your best and plan ahead and purchase or borrow with enough time allowing for shipping if needed.
For the Yoga Sutras and Bhagavad Gita, students can try reading these texts without worrying whether they get it or not. We will unpack the ideas during the course but at least try and let as little or as much as possible sink in.
Although not essential to purchase, we will refer to these books during the course. We believe they will be a good addition to your yoga teaching library:
- Power vs Force by David R Hawkins
- Somatics by Thomas Hanna
- Power of Myth by Joseph Campbell (Chapters 1 and 4)
- Tao Te Ching by Lao Tzu, translated by Stephen Mitchell
- Sacred Balance by David Suzuki
- Natural Intelligence by Susan Aposhyan
- Yoga Body by Mark Singleton
- The Subtle Body: Yoga in America by Stephanie Syman
- Yoga Anatomy by Leslie Kaminoff
- A thorough understanding of underlying patterns of yoga alignment using our Blissology Alignment system.
- A user-friendly model to understand these patterns that will serve as a foundation for adjusting, cueing and creating poses that are safe, therapeutic and joyful.
Blissology Yoga Practice + Anatomy + Alignment Goals
- Incredible advances in your personal yoga practice and yoga asana techniques.
- A powerful awareness of anatomy and physiology that will allow for sophisticated bodily control.
- Neuromuscular re-patterning so that we have the control of our fine muscle skills to create elegant and sustainable movements now and well into the future.
- Knowledge of the breath and its effect on the physical nervous system, our psychology and our spiritual selves.
- Awareness of the embodied experience.
- Learning how to not just do yoga, but to feel yoga from the inside out.
- Awareness of the subtle body and the feeling of energy in our bodies and on the planet.
The Blissology Art of Teaching Goals
- Learn 5 routines ranging from beginner yoga classes, to slow flow and sweaty vinyasa classes
- Log up hours of practical teaching time so you can be assured of your ability to teach at the end of this course
- Learn how to sequence classes based on the energy and needs of the room
- Blissology Philosophy + Lifestyle Goals
- Study yoga philosophy from the Chakras, the Bhagavad Gita, the Yoga Sutras
Ayurveda and a rich assortment of Eastern Philosophy
- Use Eoin’s unique user’s guide to the “5 spiritual paths” to teach yoga classes that have depth and to live a life that is balanced and purposeful!
- Develop a solid meditation practice
- Be a conduit for Love
- Know your life mission
- Embody the Nature and Yoga connection
- Learn the Business of Yoga
Classical Yoga Philosophy
Blissology: The philosophy of happiness
Energetics and the Subtle Body
Classical Meditation and Pranayama
Innovative Blissology approaches to meditation
How to teach with feeling and not just function
Creating classes that celebrate our deep interconnection with community and Nature
Discovering your Life Mission
How to be a Conduit for Love
How much yoga will we do during the course?
Some days will be more physical than others but expect to practice asana for at least one 3-hr session each day. You will be doing more asana on certain days, while on others it may vary, depending on the course material that needs to be covered. Eoin is very intuitive and will adjust the level of asana if necessary. We ask that you respect your body/practice and take care to protect your joints from injury. We encourage taking rest when needed and growing past your edge with conscious effort when possible. Through this course you will gain knowledge and strength that will surely show through on the mat.
What can I do to prepare for the Immersion?
LEARN YOGA HONEY ROUTINE
LEARN YOGA HONEY ROUTINE
LEARN YOGA HONEY ROUTINE!
(they say you need to say Important things 3 times!)
We want to stress that is absolutely essential that you know the Yoga Honey Routine inside out and sideways. We have a PDF for you but please also practice the routine with Eoin—you can either download an older audio version of the routine from iTunes (the podcast is called “Blissology Conduit 58 minute Flow”) or get the newest video version on Alo Moves in Eoin’s Quiet Mind bundle (hint: Alo Moves offers a free trial, then it’s 20 USD/month). Their monthly subscriptions give you access to all of Eoin’s other classes as well as other amazing teachers’ routines. We suggest you learn the Alo Moves version.
This is one of the sequences you will be learning during the Immersion and you must know the flow and poses intimately.
We want to make our Blissology programs accessible to future Blissologists through two types of payment plans. We offer the YTT and the Immersion both as 4 equal payments due every 8 weeks or 6 equal payments due every 6 weeks. There is an additional 5% credit card fee that is built into the plan.
Included in the price:
- Hands on teaching from Blissology Founder and Senior Teacher Eoin Finn, plus assistance + mentoring from other Blissology certified teachers and assistants.
- A 300 + page Blissology Training manual.
- A Blissology Yoga 100-hr Immersion Certificate
Not included in the price:
- travel to and from the course location
For pricing and to register, please click on the “Inquire about the course” button below.
Blissology YTT Cancellation Policy:
- Final Payments are due 60 days prior to the course commencement, unless you are on a pre-agreed upon payment plan. After this date, final payment for all new registrations is due immediately.
- Up to 60 days before the course commencement a student may transfer to a course within 18 months of the original course’s start date.
- 50% fee charged if cancellation made 60-89 days of course commencement.
- Cancellation made within 30 days of course commencement; payment is completely non-refundable, non-transferable.