The course will be held at the most gorgeous location on Vancouver Island—The Shore Pier.
The Shore Pier
368 Main St.
Tofino, BC, Canada
The West Coast of North America can be very foggy. On the other hand, when the sun comes out it can be warm and lovely. The bottom line is bring clothing for cold weather, rain and sun. We will probably need it all!
How to get to Vancouver Island?
1. Fly to Vancouver airport or Victoria airport.
Then either rent a car and travel by ferry, carpool with
another Blissologist (there will be plenty of people driving and you can find them on our Facebook page) or take the Tofino Bus. The drive across Vancouver Island is not to be missed with breathtaking views of rivers, mountains and old growth rainforests.
2. Fly to Nanaimo via Vancouver and rent a car there.
If you have any questions about transport to and from this magical part of the planet, please don’t hesitate to
We’ll start our course on Wednesday, 29th of April and it will run through Friday, May 8th.
Exact schedule to follow.
We ask that students come to the training with at least 1 year of solid and consistent yoga practice under their belt.
The 100-hr Immersion is the first half of the YTT. In order to obtain your Yoga Alliance certification and teach you need to complete the full 200 hours. The 100-hr Immersion is ideal to deepen your yoga practice and dive into Blissology alignment principles. You can do the 100-hr Immersion and then complete the 2nd half at any other location/time that we offer it.
If you have already taken a 200-hr YTT and are certified with Yoga Alliance, then the 100-hr Immersion can count as Continuing Education credit as Eoin is a certified YACEP. If you intend to pursue the 500-hr Blissology Certification path, and you have taken your 200-hr YTT with a different school, the 100-Hr Immersion is required.
Our application requires 2 letters of reference. Generally, these letters are character references. Usually they’re from yoga teachers or yoga students. Otherwise, letters from employers are also acceptable. They can be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. While the letters are required, they’re a formality in your application. If you know you will apply, please complete your online application form and the letters can follow in the next 2 weeks.
Essential Reading (please buy or borrow these books for the YTT, these are required for the course):
- Bhagavad Gita translation by Stephen Mitchell
- The Yoga Sutra of Patanjali, Sanskrit-English Translation & Glossary by Chip Hartranft
We ask that you do your best in getting these specific books. Please do your best and plan ahead and purchase or borrow with enough time allowing for shipping if needed.
For the Yoga Sutras and Bhagavad Gita, students can try reading these texts without worrying whether they get it or not. We will unpack the ideas during the course but at least try and let as little or as much as possible sink in.
Although not essential to purchase, we will refer to these books during the course. We believe they will be a good addition to your yoga teaching library:
- Power vs Force by David R Hawkins
- Somatics by Thomas Hanna
- Power of Myth by Joseph Campbell (Chapters 1 and 4)
- Tao Te Ching by Lao Tzu, translated by Stephen Mitchell
- Sacred Balance by David Suzuki
- Natural Intelligence by Susan Aposhyan
- Yoga Body by Mark Singleton
- The Subtle Body: Yoga in America by Stephanie Syman
- Yoga Anatomy by Leslie Kaminoff
- Understanding Blissology Yoga’s intuitive Alignment principles
- Biomechanical Principles
- How to let your life’s purpose and your own Voice emerge on and off the mat
- Classical Philosophy and how to adapt it to the needs of our Modern Era
- Creative Sequencing
- Marketing and The Business of Yoga
How much yoga will we do during the course?
Some days will be more physical than others but expect to practice asana for at least one 3-hr session each day. You will be doing more asana on certain days, while on others it may vary, depending on the course material that needs to be covered. Eoin is very intuitive and will adjust the level of asana if necessary. We ask that you respect your body/practice and take care to protect your joints from injury. We encourage taking rest when needed and growing past your edge with conscious effort when possible. Through this course you will gain knowledge and strength that will surely show through on the mat.
What can I do to prepare for the Immersion?
LEARN YOGA HONEY ROUTINE
LEARN YOGA HONEY ROUTINE
LEARN YOGA HONEY ROUTINE!
(they say you need to say Important things 3 times!)
We want to stress that is absolutely essential that you know the Yoga Honey Routine inside out and sideways. We have a PDF for you but please also practice the routine with Eoin—you can either download an older audio version of the routine from iTunes (the podcast is called “Blissology Conduit 58 minute Flow”) or get the newest video version on Alo Moves in Eoin’s Quiet Mind bundle (hint: Alo Moves offers a free trial, then it’s 20 USD/month). Their monthly subscriptions give you access to all of Eoin’s other classes as well as other amazing teachers’ routines. We suggest you learn the Alo Moves version.
This is one of the sequences you will be learning during the Immersion and you must know the flow and poses intimately.
We want to make our Blissology programs accessible to future Blissologists through two types of payment plans. We offer the YTT and the Immersion both as 4 equal payments due every 8 weeks or 6 equal payments due every 6 weeks. There is an additional 5% credit card fee that is built into the plan.
Included in the price:
- Hands on teaching from Blissology Founder and Senior Teacher Eoin Finn, plus assistance + mentoring from other Blissology certified teachers and assistants.
- A 300 + page Blissology Training manual.
- A Blissology Yoga 100-hr Immersion Certificate
Not included in the price:
- travel to and from the course location
For pricing and to register, please click on the “Inquire about the course” button below.
Blissology YTT Cancellation Policy:
- Final Payments are due 60 days prior to the course commencement, unless you are on a pre-agreed upon payment plan. After this date, final payment for all new registrations is due immediately.
- Up to 60 days before the course commencement a student may transfer to a course within 18 months of the original course’s start date.
- 50% fee charged if cancellation made 60-89 days of course commencement.
- Cancellation made within 30 days of course commencement; payment is completely non-refundable, non-transferable.