Blissology Project: Day 6 – Saturday, January 27th
This is Day 6 of our two weeks to Commit to Bliss. The Blissology Project will run from Monday, January 22nd until Sunday, February 4th 2018.
It is all about making happiness a habit and creating an Upward Spiral of positivity in our lives through the 6 Big Easy Bliss Commitments.
You’ve hit your stride with the Bliss Commitments and can feel yourself opening up more and more to the deep joy inside of you. Let’s carry these positive vibes forward into Day 6!
Here’s a list of Blissology Teachers you can connect with or join our Global Blissology Project event on FB.
Today’s Bliss Commitments are:
Yoga poses to be included in today’s practices are:
- Side Crow (Parsva Bakasana)
- Revolved Standing Forward Fold (Parivrtta Uttanasana)
- Single Leg Seated Forward Fold (Janu Sirsasana)
*Note: We realize these are some challenging poses! Do your best with where your practice is today. If you can’t do Side Crow then insert a pose of your choice that feels good in your body.
Don’t forget to share any photos on social media using hashtags #blissologyproject + #blissarmy + #upwardspiral
Meditation and Nature Appreciation
- Take yourself on a date to your favourite spot out in nature. Find a space to sit down and close your eyes. Allow your senses to take in the subtle sensations of the natural world all around you: the sound of birds, wind against the trees, water lapping against the shore.
- Don’t forget to share any photos on social media using hashtag #blissologyproject + #natureappreciation
8 servings (maybe more). Refrigerate leftover chai for up to a week.
Whole Cardamom Pods – 8 – 10
Whole Black Pepper – 1 tsp
Cinnamon – 1 stick
Cloves – 2
Fennel – 10 – 12 seeds
Fresh Ginger – ¼ “ grated or crushed, or 1 tsp dry ginger
2 cups water
Non-homogenized or raw milk (if you can find it) or soy milk – 2 – 3 cups
Tea – Peppermint tea if you prefer this non-caffeinated, or Assam / English Breakfast Tea –3 – 4 tsp
Pure maple syrup, coconut sugar or honey to sweeten
- Crush the spices in a mortar and pestle.
- Add spices to ginger and water and bring to a boil. Upon boiling, let simmer for 20 minutes
- Add milk, let simmer for 10 minutes more.
- Finally add tea-leaves, bring to a rolling boil. Strain and serve. You can add pure maple syrup, coconut sugar or honey to sweeten.
- Don’t forget to share any photos on social media using hashtag #blissologyproject + #highpranafood
- Bonus: Insiya created a video on How to make Amazing Chai a few years ago in Bombay that you can check out!
- Send a text to 3 people you’re grateful for in your life. Tell them how they’ve affected your life in a positive way.
- Proclaim your spirit animal. What animal do you feel most connected to at this moment in your life. Do you love ocean water? Maybe you’re a Dolphin. What about looking up at the clouds and daydreaming about flying? Perhaps you’re an Eagle.
Don’t forget to Share your experience with the 6 Big Easy Bliss Commitments in the Global Blissology Project event page.
“Happiness is Best when Shared.”
Have fun and enjoy the journey to awakening a deep joy within you!