Blissology Project: Day 4 – Thursday, January 25th
This is Day 4 of our two weeks to Commit to Bliss. The Blissology Project will run from Monday, January 22nd until Sunday, February 4th 2018.
It is all about making happiness a habit and creating an Upward Spiral of positivity in our lives through the 6 Big Easy Bliss Commitments.
We admire your commitment to transform from a Ho-Hum, Poor Me, or Selfish way of living to being a Blissologist where your heart is open, radiant and full of joy!
Here’s a list of Blissology Teachers you can connect with or join our Global Blissology Project event on FB.
Today’s Bliss Commitments are:
Yoga poses to be included in today’s practices are:
- Crow (Bakasana)
- Side Plank (Vasisthasana)
- Humble Warrior (Baddha Virabhadrasana)
*Note: We realize these are some challenging poses! Do your best with where your practice is today. If you can’t do Crow then insert a pose of your choice that feels good in your body.
Don’t forget to share any photos on social media using hashtags #blissologyproject + #blissarmy + #upwardspiral
P.S. – If you haven’t had a chance check out Eoin’s Winter Flow practice from Day 2 of the Blissology Project.
Enjoy this calming Sunrise Meditation with Blissologist Shelly Prosko to enliven your day!
- Go for a run, ride your bike, surf some waves or do anything out in the natural world where you get your sweat on and feel more connected to the environment all around you.
- Don’t forget to share any photos on social media using hashtag #blissologyproject + #natureappreciation
Eggs + Kale + Avo:
This is a filling, hearty breakfast with good fats and greens when you have a little more time and are craving something savory.
1/2 bunch kale, stemmed and leaves torn into shreds
2 organic eggs
cold pressed extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
sea salt or Himalayan pink salt
- Prepare the Avocado. Peel and slice. Sprinkle with lemon juice and a bit of salt.
- Boil water in a large pot. Add kale shreds into the boiling water and let simmer for approx. 3 – 5 minutes. Kale should look bright green but wilted. Drain and let sit in the warm pot while you prepare the eggs.
- This recipe tastes great with either poached or scrambled eggs. To poach, boil water in another small saucepan. Bring to boil. Add a ½ tsp of vinegar like apple cider vinegar. Swirl the water quickly to make a whirlpool effect and add in the egg to poach. Watch it carefully. You may poach the eggs for 5 – 7 minutes or until done. To remove, use a slotted spoon.
- For scrambled eggs: beat the eggs lightly in a bowl. Add milk if you would like and perhaps a pinch of thyme or rosemary. Pour into a pan on medium heat. Gently stir the eggs from the edges of the pan to the center a few times to create large, soft egg curds 5 minutes or so. Watch carefully as you don’t want to overcook the eggs.
- To serve. Place cooked greens on your plate, top with the eggs and avocado and garnish with sesame seeds, salt to taste and black pepper. You can also add a light drizzle of olive oil.
- If you are craving toast with this meal, use a whole grain sourdough bread, one without added yeast, or added gluten.
- Don’t forget to share any photos on social media using hashtag #blissologyproject + #highpranafood
- While outside during your nature appreciation time notice three things in the natural world you’re grateful for that enhance your experience in that moment.
- Forgive someone. Is there someone in your life who you have unresolved energy with? Give them a call or visit them to confront what has come between you. Notice how much more lighter you will feel afterwards.
Don’t forget to Share your experience with the 6 Big Easy Bliss Commitments in the Global Blissology Projectevent page.
“Happiness is Best when Shared.”
Have fun and enjoy the journey to awakening a deep joy within you!