This is Day 3 of our two weeks to Commit to Bliss. The Blissology Project will run from Monday, January 22nd until Sunday, February 4th 2018.
It is all about making happiness a habit and creating an Upward Spiral of positivity in our lives through the 6 Big Easy Bliss Commitments.
Let’s keep riding the wave of gratitude we shared with a loved one forward to empower us to live the life we’re meant to!
Today’s Bliss Commitments are:
Yoga poses to be included in today’s practices are:
- Handstand (Adho Mukha Vrksasana)
- Wheel (Urdhva Dhanurasana)
- Front Splits (Hanumanasana)
*Note: We realize these are some challenging poses! Do your best with where your practice is today. If you can’t do a Handstand then insert an inversion of your choice that feels good in your body.
Don’t forget to share any photos on social media using hashtags #blissologyproject + #blissarmy + #upwardspiral
- Enjoy a 5-minute Beach Meditation with Eoin in supernatural Ucluelet, British Columbia.
- Go for a morning walk. Be intentional with every step you take and every breath you inhale and exhale. Savour the beginning of the day.
- Don’t forget to share any photos on social media using hashtag #blissologyproject + #natureappreciation
Roasted Cauliflower and Leek Soup:
This creamy and rich tasting soup has no dairy but is full of vitamins and anti-inflammatory benefits. Make extra and freeze it for a lunch later on in the week.
1 head of a small cauliflower
2 – 3 cloves of garlic
2 tbsp cold pressed extra virgin coconut oil (or ghee) or extra virgin olive oil
pinch of turmeric
fresh ground black pepper + himalayan pink salt or celtic sea salt
2 cups organic chicken or veggie broth
Filtered water as needed.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F
- Gently wash, drain and rinse the cauliflower, then break it into medium sized florets using clean hands or a knife. Discard hard bits of the white stalks, but keep the tender ones, chopping them into 1/4 inch pieces.
- Use the white portion of the leeks. Save the green stalk ends in a freezer bag or box for making stock in the future. Slice the leeks lengthwise first into half, then chop into half-moons. Wash leeks well in a bowl of water.
- Peel and slice the garlic into halves.
- Line a rimmed baking tray with parchment paper. Scatter vegetables in a single layer,drizzle with oil, add some salt, pepper and that pinch of turmeric, as well as any other herbs you might like to use.
- Place the tray onto the middle rack of the oven and roast for 20 minutes. Check vegetables for softness and if needed roast for approx. 10 minutes longer.
- Remove tray from the oven, let the vegetables cool slightly.
- To make the soup, pour the veggies and chicken broth into a high-speed blender and blend until smooth in two stages, so the blender does not overfill. You can also use an immersion blender in a soup pot. Add more water if needed to liquefy the soup to a consistency you like, 1 cup should do it.
- Taste the soup and serve in a bowl, topped with toasted black or white sesame seeds for extra minerals and a toasty crunch.
- Don’t forget to share any photos on social media using hashtag #blissologyproject + #highpranafood
- Take three things in your life you’re not excited about and reprogram your thoughts to be grateful. Example: If you’re not excited to work full time this week say to yourself, “I am grateful I have a job to go to that creates abundance in my life for myself and my family.”
- Pay for someone’s coffee. Brighten someone’s day with your generosity and see how it comes back to you in other ways!
Don’t forget to Share your experience with the 6 Big Easy Bliss Commitments in the Global Blissology Project event page.
“Happiness is Best when Shared.”
Have fun and enjoy the journey to awakening a deep joy within you!