Blissology Project: Day 2 – Tuesday, January 23rd
This is Day 2 of our two weeks to Commit to Bliss. The Blissology Project will run from Monday, January 22nd until Sunday, February 4th 2018.
It is all about making happiness a habit and creating an Upward Spiral of positivity in our lives through the 6 Big Easy Bliss Commitments.
Let’s carry the high vibin’ energy from the Wave Rider Smoothie and nature time in Day 1 forward!
Here’s a list of Blissology Teachers you can connect with or join our Global Blissology Project event on FB.
Today’s Bliss Commitments are:
Yoga poses to be included in today’s practices are:
- Triangle Pose (Trikonasana)
- Pyramid Pose (Parsvottanasana)
- Revolved Triangle (Parivrtta Trikonasana)
Don’t forget to share any photos on social media using hashtags #blissologyproject + #blissarmy + #upwardspiral
- Enjoy a Somatic Meditation to really notice what’s happening in your body today.
- Sit on a rock in the forest or on a beach and get quiet. Allow your gaze to be soft while you become aware of how your senses interact with the natural world.
- Don’t forget to share any photos on social media using hashtag #blissologyproject + #natureappreciation
Spiced fruit bowl:
Eating fruit seasonally is an incredible way of aligning our body’s ecosystem with our larger environment as seasonal fruits provide us the vitamins and enzymes we need to boost our wellbeing in a particular season.
Serves 1 – 2
2 cups fresh, seasonal fruit. For a spring bowl use berries, for a summer bowl: stone fruit, tropical fruits such as papaya, mango, pineapple and bananas, for a fall bowl: pears, apples, persimmons and maybe even jicama; and for a winter bowl: stewed fruits, or citrus fruits.
1 tbsp orange blossom water (this is my secret ingredient that adds so much flavor. Find it at a middle eastern market)
pinch of cinnamon
½ tsp lemon or lime juice
bit of raw, runny honey if needed
pinch of sea salt + black pepper (the seasonings help us to digest the fruit better)
- Add all ingredients except fruit in a bowl, mix well.
- Now add the fruit and toss lightly until well coated with the spice mixture.
- Eat slowly and savor the flavours.
- This is delicious with a cashew or coconut cream as well.
- Don’t forget to share any photos on social media using hashtag #blissologyproject + #highpranafood
- Tell someone you love why you’re grateful for them. Be totally present while you do this. Look into their eyes and speak from your heart.
- Sing in the shower. Whether it’s a favourite song or your own made up tune don’t hold back and really let it out!
Don’t forget to Share your experience with the 6 Big Easy Bliss Commitments in the Global Blissology Project event page.
“Happiness is Best when Shared.”
Have fun and enjoy the journey to awakening a deep joy within you!