Blissology Project: Day 11 – Thursday, February 1st
This is Day 11 of our two weeks to Commit to Bliss. The Blissology Project will run from Monday, January 22nd until Sunday, February 4th 2018.
It is all about making happiness a habit and creating an Upward Spiral of positivity in our lives through the 6 Big Easy Bliss Commitments.
It’s the beginning of a new month and we’ve just transitioned from a Full Moon. The energy is potent to continue creating an Upward Spiral in your life!
Today’s Bliss Commitments are:
Yoga poses to be included in today’s practices are:
- Standing Big Toe (Utthita Hasta Padangustasana)
- Heron Pose (Krounchasana)
- Compass Pose (Parivrtta Surya Yantrasana)
*Note: We realize these are some challenging poses! Do your best with where your practice is today. If you can’t do a pose then insert one that feels good in your body.
Bonus: Enjoy Shineologist Ann Green’s Forest Flow yoga!
Don’t forget to share any photos on social media using hashtags #blissologyproject + #blissarmy + #upwardspiral
Infuse peace and joy into your life with this Loving Kindness meditation by Blissologist Lang Charters!
- Walking meditation. Find a peaceful spot out in the natural world where you can mindfully walk. Focus on each step you take. Feel the subtle sensations in your body. Notice your tendency to walk fast and rush the experience. Slow down and savour!
- Don’t forget to share any photos on social media using hashtag #blissologyproject + #natureappreciation
1 cup fresh kale (if you have leftover steamed kale, you can also use that, but fresh is better)
1 cup basil leaves (fresh)
1-2 cloves garlic
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
2/3 cup nuts (pine nuts are traditional, but walnut and cashew nuts are nice for variety)
3-4 tablespoons cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
Sea salt and fresh black pepper to taste
- In a high speed blender or food processor, combine the kale, basil, garlic, nutritional yeast, and nuts, pulsing just until coarsely chopped.
- Slowly add olive oil, lemon juice and plenty of salt and pepper, blending just until desired consistency is reached.
- For a thinner, saucier pesto, add more olive oil or other liquid.
Don’t forget to share any photos on social media using hashtag #blissologyproject + #highpranafood
Gratitude and Wild Card
- Give to someone less fortunate than you. Is there a homeless person in your community who you could have a five minute conversation with to show you’re grateful for their existence. Get creative in the ways you can give gratitude and see how much you receive back!
Don’t forget to Share your experience with the 6 Big Easy Bliss Commitments in the Global Blissology Project event page.
“Happiness is Best when Shared.”
Have fun and enjoy the journey to awakening a deep joy within you!